In Times Gone By (Golden Gate Secrets #3)

Title:  In Times Gone By (Golden Gate Secrets #3)

Author:  Tracie Peterson

Pages:  317

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Bethany House

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

Having read books one and two in the series, I was excited to get book three from the library so I could sit down and get to Kenzie’s story.  Kenzie Gifford has sworn that she will never love again.  She was left at the altar, humiliated and devastated in front of her family and friends.  She has come to California to begin life with a fresh start.  She has gotten a job working for her cousin at a chocolate candy company.  She lives with Judith and Camri, her two best friends, as well as Camri’s brother, Caleb.  They have been living at the warehouse, opening their doors to the poor after the San Francisco earthquake disaster.  While there, Kenzie comes in repeated contact with Dr. Micah Fisher, Caleb’s best friend.  Micah has made no secret that he would like to court Kenzie, but she has told him she is not interested.  Micah refuses to give up his pursuit of her.

With so many people needing care, Micah enlists Kenzie to be his nurse.  She agrees and finds she actually likes nursing and working with Micah.  She admires his medical skill, but she refuses to believe she feels anything more than friendship for him…really, that’s all.  She unexpectedly receives a visit from someone in her past that causes her to doubt past actions.  What is what she is told is true?  Did she make a hasty or faulty decision leaving her hometown a year ago?  What should she do now?

I have been entertained throughout this series.  The mystery aspect in this novel held my interest, as well as the romantic tension between Micah and Kenzie.  With the couples and some other characters from the prior two novels making appearances in this story, made me feel like I was revisiting old friends.  God’s loving provision for his children is a theme evident in the series, as well as the characters learning to trust that He will do what is best for all involved in any and every situation.