In Too Deep

Title:  In Too Deep (Dive Investigations#2)

Author:  Lynn H. Blackburn

Pages:  352

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Revell

My rating:  5 stars out of 5

The suspense and action are beyond words!  In the first novel titled, Beneath the Surface, I was hooked as that books starts with discovering a body underwater.  There were themes of faith, romance, and danger.  The story just kept me up late reading!  Now, the author successfully resumes the tale of her characters but adds yet other aspects with such tension it is literally palpable!

There is human trafficking, which is a real problem.  The author handles that aspect with wisdom and grace.  I love the mystery in the book and how what happens at a crime scene makes readers want to know who did the deed.  The author never reveals where she is taking the readers until we’re already there.  I can only imagine that isn’t an easy thing to do.

Adam and Sabrina are two of the main characters and their interactions and romance are intriguing.  Sometimes with books that are well written like these it’s hard to remember these are fictional people as they feel so lifelike!  Not all that happens in the story is serious.  There are moments that will make you laugh when the gang of investigators are together and ribbing each other.

It is really fun to read a novel that has action taking place underwater.  It gave me a different perspective of how crimes are investigated, the danger and more all happening in the water where it isn’t seen by other characters.  I think the author did an amazing job showing how faith does impact how people look at others, handle life and do their job for the glory of God.

Don’t miss this exciting sequel to Beneath the Surface, and if you have not yet read book one, please do so before going to this book as you’ll enjoy it so much more.  I can’t wait to see what Lynn brings next for the Dive Investigation Team and her cast of characters!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457