Lethal Target

Title:  Lethal Target (The Line of Duty)

Author:  Janice Cantore

Pages:  416

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

Chief of Police Tess O’Rourke has her hands full even in the small town of Rogue’s Hollow.  We met Tess in the first novel in the series titled, Crisis Shot.  Now, in the sequel, we see that Tess has much to do with the towns’ cannabis growers and now a murder to solve that appears to be unsolvable.  Not only is Tess having challenges in her job, but also her personal life as well

The story begins with her not celebrating her birthday due to a tragedy that occurred on her birthday years ago.  Tess respects the small town’s pastor, but desires to hear nothing of God and the Bible he longs to share with her.  Tess admires the way the pastor is healing after losing his wife, which happens in the first book, and how he comforts others when they are faced with grief.

Tess loves to walk the town streets and develop a presence, so people don’t view her as untouchable.  However, one man decides she must face his wrath but isn’t sure how to carry out his revenge.  Until one moment comes when he is offered cash in an opportunity to do just what he wants to do to her.  Readers are kept in suspense aa to the identity of the person behind the money and encouragement to do great harm to Tess.

While Janice’s novels can be read as stand alone, I found reading a series from the first book helps bring understanding to the background of the current story.  Janice keeps readers guessing and turning pages to see what will happen next as she ramps up the suspense!  Having been a police officer herself, Janice is able to bring her expertise as to the crimes and she isn’t quick to bring about an ending.  I love that she takes time to develop a believable plot and the theme of faith throughout the story.

Janice Cantore’s novels are well worth the time to enjoy and share with others as you read or when you are finished.  I cannot wait to see where Janice takes Tess next in the series conclusion releasing in 2019!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457