Dead Sea Rising (Dead Sea Chronicles)

Title:  Dead Sea Rising (Dead Sea Chronicles)

Author:  Jerry B. Jenkins

Pages:  320

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Worthy

My rating:  5+ out of 5 stars!

What a magnificent beginning to a new series by author Jerry Jenkins!  I was glued to the book until the very end, spell bound by the many twists and turns of the plot, characters and climactic ending!  I have enjoyed many of this author’s books over the years, but the first book of this series is brilliant!  The sequel, Dead Sea Conundrum, is set to be released in 2019 and I am anticipating its arrival with eagerness unparalleled!

The story is running parallel time frames, one is in ancient biblical times while the other is present day.  The characters are unique to each time line and each has a mystery threaded all the way throughout the novel.  As I was reading, I was wondering how the two or even if the two plots were going to intersect.  You will have to determine if they do or don’t when you read the book.

In the ancient timeline, there are two well-known biblical characters Terah and Abram.  In the modern timeline, the action is focused on the Berman family.  The Berman family is unique in that readers will see how the father passed down to his daughter a love for archeology.  There is also a story behind the father’s life that, at one point, becomes the focal point of a police investigation.  However, I am getting ahead of myself and don’t want to reveal anymore lest it spoil the adventure awaiting readers!

When sharing just a tidbit about the book with a friend, the next thing I knew she had preordered it! What that told me was how magnificent and magnetizing the story will be to many, if those who don’t normally consider themselves a reader or lover of books.  I hope you order the book for yourself and as a gift for someone else to enjoy, as well as talk about before book two is released sometime next year.

Until then, allow yourself time to get lost in the pages of Dead Sea Rising!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457