Stratagem Author: Robin Carroll

Author:  Robin Carroll

Pages:  320

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Shiloh Press Run

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

The setting of the story is in New Orleans where a company creates games for people to live out sometimes without them knowing they are living out a game.  Games on You is hired by a Deets PR to help them establish the best person for a promotion within the company.  The designer of the game is psychologist Grayson Thibodeaux who has a real gift for understanding how people will react to stimuli revealing their strengths, weaknesses and fears.

After getting information on each person in the game, a place is chosen, and the involved planning begins.  Grayson’s assistant, Pam, is a really smart woman who knows computers and loves to bet with Grayson on who will or won’t succeed.  Life is already complex when Grayson’s wife Anna Belle is unfaithful to him and leaves him because she wants to be free to climb the corporate ladder.  When her company hired Grayson’s and Conner’s company, the conflict of interest is about to be the worst of Grayson’s problems.

When Anna Belle is found unresponsive in her room and later dies, the police of course focus on Grayson.  From that point, the plot thickens along with many twists and turns.  The author writes a fantastic suspense filled thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat.  I thought the ending was surprising and very tense.

Plan on being up a little late when you begin reading the adventure that awaits in this excellent tale!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457