The Morgans

Pages: 348

Year: 2018

Publisher: Kensington Books

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars

Johnstone books cover a variety of topics, genres, plots and are continuously adding new tales for fans!  Here is a story about a father and son who at one time were estranged with what appeared to be no hope of having any relationship in the future.  However, in The Morgans, we see where a son who is no longer drifting or covered in trail dust is running a vast company and dressed in clothing expected of a successful businessman.

One day he gets a note demanding a large sum of money for the safe return of his captured father.  The son is at a crossroads in his life and must decide what to do:  save his father or go on as if he never received the note.  Frank Morgan is known as the last gunfighter.  His son was once known by another name other than the one he uses in business.

The action and suspense in the story builds as more than Frank’s capture happens.  It’s a tale of a small town taken over by a “want to be” dictator who wants to rule Mexico and depose the man who currently reigns.  The town is in the southwest near the border of Mexico, and what happens in the book is real exciting and action packed.  Will the town get a spine and learn to fight back, or will it stay subjugated?  Will Frank be rescued or left behind?

Trust me when I say there is so much more to the plot than I am sharing with you.  Readers will enjoy getting thrown back to the Old West where men took care of business and made no apologies for it.  Daring gun fights, train robberies, good versus evil and so much more await an audience that dares to open the pages and dive right in!

I highly recommend the Johnstone novel as well as encourage readers to look at the vast Johnstone novels that are out currently to enjoy.  Know that there are more stories that are coming from the pen of Johnstone and for me I cannot wait to open my next one.  So, I am off to return to the Old West and I hope you will too!