Catching Christmas

Author:  Terri Blackstock

Pages:  304

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating:  4 out of 5 stars.

If you are expecting the usual mystery from Terri, this novel isn’t like anything of hers I have read before.  It took me by surprise.  It took me a bit to understand the plot, but it was good as I got further into the book.  It is a book I wouldn’t recommend to those who recently lost a loved one or are going through a season of caretaking.

I think it’s a good story where an elderly and faith-filled grandmother is trying to find the right man for her only granddaughter.  Callie is an elderly woman who required daily help, but her granddaughter Sydney is trying to land a job as a first-year lawyer.  Finn is a cab driver but has an interesting background once he decides to share it with Callie.

While it is nice to think of an elderly grandmother matchmaking and going home to be with the Lord on Christmas, the romance part of the tale is rushed, especially at the end of the book.  Overall, it was an entertaining book and I plan on passing it on for others to enjoy.  Perhaps you’ll enjoy it too!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457