In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets #2)

Title:  In Dreams Forgotten (Golden Gate Secrets #2)

Author:  Tracie Peterson

Pages:  336

Year:  2018

Publisher:  BethanyHouse

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

In this second book of the series, Judith Gladstone and Caleb Coulter take center stage.  They were both in book one of the series, In Place Hidden, but weren’t the romantic focus.  Now, the story picks up where book one left off.  Judith has been patiently waiting for Caleb to help her search for her aunt.  He has recently returned from being kidnapped, so she has given him time to settle back in to his routine.  Now, he has joined a group of businessmen and local community leaders to take on the corrupt practices and methods of the leader of a criminal ring that operates in a large part of San Francisco.  Judith feels forgotten in her search for her aunt.  All she has ever wanted was a large family, and now since her parents have recently died, she longs for a family even more.  She also longs for Caleb to return her feelings of love.

Caleb has it brought to his attention that he has failed in his promise to Judith to help her search for her aunt.  He makes some inquiries and discovers someone with the same name, but he isn’t certain if this is Judith’s aunt.  He meets a family member of the aunt to find out what he can.  Judith meanwhile is waiting on pins and needles.  Is her dream finally going to come true?  Will she finally have the big family she has always wanted?  Caleb realizes he has feelings of a romantic nature toward Judith but isn’t sure she feels the same.  He is also beginning to wonder if there isn’t more to Judith’s past that he initially thought.  Perhaps something that someone is willing to kill for.

Judith has been my favorite character thus far in the series.  She has a heart of compassion, puts others needs before her own, and is a new believer in God.  She is such a sweet woman that I couldn’t help but like her!  She wants to be part of a family, then she realizes family can mean people other than those related by blood.  I also liked the interaction between Micah and Kenzie with the sparks flying!  I can’t wait to read Kenzie’s story in book three of the series, In Times Gone By.