Hidden Legacy

Author:  Lynn Huggins Blackburn

Pages:  June 2017

Year:  224

Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

Caroline Harrison has a baby in her arms as she enters her house, then discovers she has an intruder in the house shooting at her!  The police arrive in time to foil the shooter, but it is quickly determined that Caroline wasn’t the target.  Her precious baby who she is in the midst of adopting is the one in danger.

The detective on the case is Jason Drake.  He and Caroline have a romantic history together, but that is in the past, or is it?  They both are cautious, guarding their hearts.  First, they must survive the many attempts on their lives as they guard baby Henry.  Caroline and Jason agree that their potential rekindled romance must be put on the back burner until they can discover the reason why someone is out to eliminate Henry.  Does it tie in with some recent deaths Jason has been working on solving?

This story gets your heart pumping from the very first page.  The action is pretty much nonstop, which is what is great about the Love Inspired Suspense books.  There is never a dull moment no matter what book is in your hands with this line of fiction.  The mystery aspect of the story was well done and kept me guessing until the very end.  I thought the characters believable and one’s I could get involved with on an emotional level.  The author does a great job of weaving in themes of redemption, forgiveness and seeing God at work in every situation.  This is a great read for a rainy day, or any day for that matter!  Buy a copy for your friends or family and get your Christmas shopping started early!