Christmas by the Sea

Author:  Melody Carlson

Pages:  176

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Revell

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

Melody’s tale brings forth hope after loss, and joy after sorrow.  Christmas by the Sea shares about Wendy who has inherited the summer cabin she visited with her grandparents as a little girl.  Wendy is filled with stories and memories she has shared with her son Jackson throughout the years.  Now she has inherited the cabin and Jackson can’t wait to see the ocean and town his mother told him so much about during the hard years of his Dad’s fatal illness.

Jackson wants to stay there, and his mother Wendy would love to as well but there are tons of medical bills to pay and she doesn’t think the small town can provide for their needs.  Jackson enjoys working alongside a man named Caleb who is a local woodworker and owns his own store selling his unique pieces.

What follows is a very endearing tale that was enjoyable to read.  The only other thought I have about the book is I think the author could have written a little more and set the ending up better before just suddenly getting there.  I will read more of Melody Carlson’s books as they are fun to curl up and read.  I hope readers will enjoy her Christmas by the Sea as much as I did!