A Tale of Two Hearts (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas #2)

Title:  A Tale of Two Hearts (Once Upon a Dickens Christmas #2)

Author:  Michelle Griep

Pages:  192

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Shiloh Press

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

The first book in the series is titled, 12 Days at Bleakly Manor and coming in the Fall of 2019 is book #3 titled, The Old Lace Shop.

Here is a very heart-gripping story of redemption, love and second chances.  The main couple in the books is Mina who helps her father keep an inn and Will who is a law clerk.  Believe me when I say there is definitely more than this to the tale in the pages.

I loved the historical setting in London in the year 1853, along with hopes expressed by Mina and her unending love of reading books!  Her father doesn’t like her reading, filling her head with the thoughts of romance and more but that doesn’t keep Mina from her books.  She has an elderly lady friend who shares her books with Mina and encourages her to read and read.

At a time in history when books were a treasure and not easily procured, it makes me very grateful for the books I get the blessing to read and share with others!  You’ll love how the story reveals the love of God and His constantly extending to us His forgiveness.  How people used to quote books and then see if they could name the story it comes from to the delight of another voracious reader is another aspect of the story that I enjoyed.

With being able to read and either borrow or purchase books, what a gift it is to give to others!  Consider giving classics and new tales such as this book to those you know or maybe a stranger, so they can escape to the world of wonder found in books!

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457