Everything She Didn't Say

Pages:  352

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Revell

My rating:  5+ out of 5 stars

Sometimes I am surprised by the revealing of people, events and more I have yet to learn about in history.  Many times, it is the ordinary person living their lives and writing down their memories never knowing that years later someone unearths it again, blows off the dust and engages a new generation into their personal life experiences.

Jane Kirkpatrick reveals to readers a real pioneer of a woman who never knew what her life was going to be like.  Carrie Strahorn married Robert Strahorn in love and with hopes of one day being a mother and living life as most women of her time did, taking care of the hearth and home.  What Carrie experiences is far from what she ever imagined; it was not easy, and it sometimes broke her heart.

In an era when railroads were beginning to expand westward and competition was stiff, sometimes Carrie and Robert had to travel for miles just to get where Robert was to go and collect data.  Robert was an author who wrote books with the aim of luring people out West to tame, grow and bring out of the dust communities where families could set down roots.  While he was good about writing it, it was the way he loved to live that caused Carrie to struggle.  Her faith was what ultimately kept her beside her man and seeing for herself what God had called her to do.

Jane Kirkpatrick is a good storyteller of history who takes it from the dusty tomes she mines and brings it alive, so readers can enjoy the people who inhabited a certain frame of time.  Jane has written many books that reveal such unique people and experiences.  Each one is worth having in a personal library to share with others.

Since there doesn’t seem to be much worth watching, why not pick up this book and enjoy reading Carrie’s story in a fictional setting with the story of the real Carrie told to us in the back of the book?  I guarantee you will want to read more of Jane’s books in the future!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457