formula for deception

Pages:  320

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating:  5 out of 5

Stunning!  Yes, that is the appropriate way to describe this author’s writing of suspense with many twists and turns in the plot.  Yet, the ending of this particular story really caught me off guard!  A friend of mine has read her earlier works and was telling me time and again how truly amazing the tales were in the novels.  I thought I would get to them one day.  Well, today is that day!

I was engaged in the story line from the first page and thought for sure I would figure out the mystery and all before the end of the book.  However, having never read this author’s writing, I was not in any way prepared for just how the book ended!  I loved the look backward into the history of what was going to impact the present and the future!

Murphy Anderson is a character who really was complex and seemed desperate throughout the story line.  Murphy wasn’t who she claimed to be, but she needed the money the forensic artist work brought.  What Murphy hadn’t counted on was the multiple attempts on the lives of those around her and then narrowing down to her having to face the past again.  Yet, it isn’t the past we read in the beginning of the book.  Confused yet or intrigued?  Either way, readers are going to love sitting down and traveling the labyrinth the novel has within the covers.

I plan on going back now to read her three other books and can’t wait to see what will come next from this woman’s pen!

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457