Abiding Mercy (An Amish Mercies Novel)

Title:  Abiding Mercy (An Amish Mercies Novel)

Author:  Ruth Reid

Pages:  352

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars

The leading character in the story is Faith who was taken from her home when she was six years old. She remembers nothing of her former life.  For years she has lived with an Amish couple and older sister, believing this has always been her family until one day the past and present collide!

Before this moment, Faith was wrestling with her tenuous relationship with her sister, running a restaurant since her parents’ accident and falling in love.  Now her future is a blur of activity and change in an English world with parents she doesn’t remember.  Plus, Faith has no idea why her Amish parents or boyfriend haven’t written to her at all.

The novel is rich with faith when there seems to be nothing good occurring.  Plus, we see how Faith is trying to please her biological mother, but it goes against everything she has ever been taught.  On top of that, there are legal repercussions, threats against her Amish parents, and more that set Faith on edge.  Gideon doesn’t know what to think as he sees how much Faith has changed on the outside and believes it is the same change going on in her heart.

I am so glad Ruth Reid writes stories that are faith filled as well as having suspense, mystery, lifelike happenings that bring two totally different worlds into one young woman’s life.  Readers get to see how she chooses between the two worlds and why.  I can sit and read Ruth’s books for hours as they are entertaining, thought provoking and written in a way that I can’t wait to see how the story ends.

So, if you’re a reader who likes these types of books, here is a golden one to read, enjoy and perhaps pass around to family and friends!