Title: Thief of Corinth Author: Tessa Afshar

Author:  Tessa Afshar

Pages:  400

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

Ariadne has been living with her mother and grandfather.  Her mother shows Ariadne no affection and her grandfather is forcing her to marry a horrible man.  Her parents are divorced, so Ariadne decides to leave and live with her father to be free of her unhappy home life and an awful marriage.  One night she sees her father sneaking out of the house and decides to follow him.  She sees him enter the home of a wealthy man and wonders what he is up to.  Then, she is surprised to see her father running full tilt, being chased by the homeowner’s guards.  She helps him escape and soon discovers her father is stealing from the rich men of Corinth as their wealth was obtained from corrupt practices.  She likes the adrenaline from being in control of her life, so she teams up with her father and becomes a thief.

Someone discovers their secret and begins blackmailing them, cutting short her feeling of freedom.  Is there any way they can escape the blackmailers clutches?  She realizes that her decision to become a thief comes with consequences, including a chance at love.  She finds herself at a crossroad and must make a choice, but is she willing to pay the price?

Tessa Afshar is one of my “must read” authors.  I eagerly await each new release, wondering which person from the Bible she will choose to tell her fictional tale about.  Tessa writes with such fluidity that the pages fly by quickly as readers follow each character’s story to a climactic ending.  The historical details included in the story are so interesting!  I liked that this story that showed the results of divorce from a child’s viewpoint.  The appearance of Paul in the story was seamlessly woven in and his words heard by Ariadne and her father offer a challenge to think about their current life, as well as hope for the future.  This is another wonderful book by a very talented author!  I can’t wait for her next novel from an author whom has truly received a God-given gift to reach her audience for Him.