Hidden Peril (Code of Honor #2)

Title:  Hidden Peril (Code of Honor #2)

Author:  Irene Hannon

Pages:  416

Year:  October 2018

Publisher:  Revell

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars

Kristen Dane is a good friend of the other two members of the Treehouse Gang.  Each member is in a different career, but their bond is strong.  When Kristen learns that a monk she knew in a different country has died, she is broken hearted.  She then attends the wedding of a good friend.  However, after a couple days off, she enters her store to find the body of her coworker and a mess in the store.

The man who comes to the scene and try to gather clues is a new Detective on the force and covering for Kristen friend Colin while he is on his honeymoon.  Kristen’s heart as well as the detective named Luke are attracted to each other instantly though neither is aware of the others thoughts or feelings.  Luke was married and is now widowed.  He tries to guard his heart so that he doesn’t mix business with personal relationships.  Becca is his sister and she is trying to encourage Luke to allow someone to love him and be close to him.

Book two has a lot of action, adventure and danger that really will keep people glued to the book.  I cannot wait for the third book and wonder how the author is going to build that story.  All I know is that Irene Hannon is quite an accomplished story writer.  In this sequel, there is a beautiful romance building and a great example of having boundaries to protect the heart and relationship until after marriage.

I sat and read the book in one sitting; I couldn’t put it down!  So, if you haven’t read the first book, then catch up so that when book two is released in October of this year, your appetite will be ready for what is coming and trust me it is outstanding!