Dangerous Illusions (Code of Honor #1)

Title:  Dangerous Illusions (Code of Honor #1)

Author:  Irene Hannon

Pages:  384

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Revell

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

Trish Bailey is a young lady who is overwhelmed by loss, a job where she teaches art to inner city kids, her ailing mother declining and taking care of a foundation that her parents set up a long time ago.  A young man named Matt who is the accountant is handling the books and checks for the foundation and comes monthly to the house. However, Matt begins suggesting strongly to Trish that she is basically forgetting things and misplacing materials.

How this story starts out is amazing and will capture your attention right away.  Then, as I progressed throughout the book, the author threw some curves that caused me to really wonder what mystery was going on.  Trish is under suspicion when her mother suddenly dies.  Detective Colin Flynn trusted his gut when he was investigating the death of Trish’s mother.  But something may be brewing in the heart of the detective along with what Trish is sharing and feeling about Colin.

There is more going on in the story that reveals the background of the detective and his friends.  Book number two titled, Hidden Peril, focuses on another person named Kristen Dane who has vast experiences in her life and not all of them good.  Readers will enjoy the continuing story that includes all the Treehouse Gang of which I cannot wait for you to read how it came about and why the members are still together, even though they are now adults.

Irene Hannon knows how to write a mysterious thriller filled with suspense with a touch of romance.  Her novels are so worth taking time to enjoy and share with family and friends!