The Hope Jar

Title:  The Hope Jar (The Prayer Jars #1)

Author:  Wanda Brunstetter

Pages:  320

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Shiloh Run Press

My rating:  4 out of 5 stars.

Sometimes when a new series by any author starts, it takes me awhile to get into the book and understand where the plot is heading.  When I started reading this book, I caught on pretty fast to the story line, but I didn’t see where the journey would take me.  The story really is touching as readers see how children could be affected by parents not telling them family history or how scarring abusive homes can be to small ones.

Here is a tale that weaves both the Amish world and English world at points in the story that surprised me at times.  Michelle is one of the main female characters and I think her background really tugged at my heart, especially as I saw how she made some good and bad choices based on the broken places of her heart.  Sara is the other main female character.  It was somewhat heartbreaking to read how devastated she was losing her mom, and then discovering her mother’s family history without the chance to ask her questions.

I wonder if Sara’s mother, though fictional, chose not to reveal her family history because of the shame she carried in her life.  I wonder too how the author is going to grow these two very different women as they proceed in life choices or if they are even going to become friends further in the upcoming books.  While there are some heart-tugging places in the book, there are some Scriptures shared, and hope is a thread that shows up brighter the further I read.

I hope you read the book and then wait with me until the next book comes out to see just where this wonderful author will have her characters journey!  Till then enjoy Wanda’s novel so you’re ready for book two!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457