Rebecca's Song (Daughters of Riverton #3)

Title:  Rebecca’s Song (The Daughters of Riverton #3)

Author:  Dawn Kinzer

Pages:  432

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Morningview Publishing

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

The characters we read about in the novel were introduced to in Sarah’s Smile and Hope’s Design, which are the first two books in the series, respectively.  For me, reading the books in order helped really make the third book very impactful to the heart of this reviewer.  The main character, Rebecca, is a changed woman nearing thirty and the town of Riverton’s school teacher.  Rebecca’s past, which audiences learned about in the other novels, comes back to haunt her in the life she is trying to live in Riverton.

Now, she is the main caretaker of three orphans who recently lost their parents.  Rebecca always wanted marriage to a man who loved her even knowing she was unable to have children.  Now it seems she has a family to love, but no husband to love her and help carry the burden.  Jesse is the guardian of the three children, but wants to live in Chicago and remain a detective.

The tale is one that carries themes of faith, trust, hope, love and redemption.  I thought the author did a terrific job with this woman’s character.  Rebecca faces many challenges and Jesse does too.  He doesn’t face them believing God cares about him.  Jesse has a history of brokenness.  Readers will enjoy seeing his heart and how God touches him through various trials.

I would gather all three books then plan to spend time in Riverton, reading the various players stories of life, faith and a small town perhaps coming together.  I highly recommend these to other readers and perhaps consider lending them to family and friends who enjoy getting lost in the pages of a great tale!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457