The House at Saltwater Point

Title:  The House at Saltwater Point (A Lavender Tides Novel #2)

Author:  Colleen Coble

Pages:  352

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars

Whether you are familiar with Colleen Coble’s work or not, here is tale that you sure don’t wish to pass up.  Of course, the characters continue from the first book in the series, The View from Rainbow Bay.  Here in the sequel is a mesmerizing tale of Ellie Blackmore who loves to work with her hands and therefore has her own home remodeling business.  Ellie goes into a home, gets a feel for how the home will or could look, and if it has some hidden quality or characteristic, she brings it out.

Ellie’s sister Mackenzie who goes by the nickname “Mac” helps her when she isn’t teaching at a college. Now Mac has gone missing and is presumed dead due to the amount of blood that was found at the scene.  What the sheriff and other investigators are saying is that Mac was involved in something that Ellie cannot accept and, in fact, will not.  She is determined to find her sister and find out the real truth, but will she?

Grayson works for the Coast Guard as an intelligence officer, though he has been on leave to recuperate from an injury sustained in a prior case.  Grayson is now at Lavender Bay and what he has been told about his true family history sets him on a quest where he meets Ellie.  The chemistry between these two characters is tantalizing from the first moment their eyes meet, but can they really have a future together when there seems to be danger at every turn.  In fact, bullets are flying though not at Grayson, but at Ellie and unless he Grayson can find the culprits Ellie may be hurt.

The best thing about Colleen’s stories is that they leave me wanting more.  The hard part is that I have to wait between each book.  The third installment for the series is due out in January 2019 and I cannot wait to read it.  Whether it’s the last book of the series or not, all the stories the author has written thus far are gems!  Grab a copy of the first two books in the Lavender Tide series and savor them!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457