When Through Deep Waters

Author:  Rachelle Dekker

Pages:  400

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

Rachelle Dekker is the daughter of author Ted Dekker.  Both write novels that aren’t the norm and usually the reader doesn’t know until later in the book that it is packed with deep spiritual truths.  I am not sure what I was expecting when I opened the book, but during my travel in the tale the truth punched my right in heart.  So as not to ruin anyone’s enjoyment or the story or where God may speak to you, I won’t elaborate further what or where in the book my heart was impacted.

However, in true Dekker fashion, the story drew me in from the start.  I could tell it would have the aspect of spiritual warfare in it, but there was more to come.  The characters and their battles I would have to say are unusual but no less realistic.  I am not sure that everyone can read this book.  If they are dealing with any psychological or emotional battles, they will have to decide that for themselves.

I will say that though it is an unusual story, setting, and the characters seem real or at least their private battles do as well as their interactions with others, I wouldn’t have missed reading the tale for anything.  Why?  For me, when God speaks, that makes it even more special to me.  I will never look at or understand the same way again the Word of God as it is used in the book.  It means something deeper and the hope that grew from that is exponentially out of the ballpark!

The book reminded me of Ted Dekker’s Circle series, and I plan on rereading them as well.  Be assured that this reviewer doesn’t elevate fiction above the Word of God.  I just treasure the truths their fictional works reveal.  I hope you read Rachelle’s latest book, and perhaps then venture into other works by both Rachelle and her father Ted!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457