Justice Betrayed (A Memphis Cold Case Novel)

Title:  Justice Betrayed (A Memphis Cold Case Novel)

Author:  Patricia Bradley

Pages:  352

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Revell

My rating:  5 out of 5 stars.

This is the author’s third novel in the series and it was outstanding!  The first two books are titled:  Justice Delayed and Justice Buried.  In the story, we read about Elvis tribute artists who meet for a competition that offers big prize money.  What happens is that one of the contestants becomes gravely ill and the assailant looks to be getting away with the crime.  Yet, readers will be taken back to the beginning of the story that starts in the past of a woman named Shirley.

Expertly written prose that kept me engaged trying to figure out who was the antagonist and how all the clues spread throughout the story fit together.  At first, the fact that two murders happening 17 years apart drew little attention until more clues revealed a bigger picture and the culprits were behind many negative and deadly actions.

A police detective, Rachel Sloane, has worked her way up to the homicide department even though her father wants her to return to practicing law.  When the judge speaks, people are supposed to jump and do his bidding, but Rachel has a reason to be in this department.  Every time she enters her office and meets with her lieutenant she is reminded of a past relationship they once had.

Now, detective Sloane’s life and the life of Gina are literally on the line.  When you read this thrilling book, be prepared to enjoy, be surprised and see if you can figure out who the person is behind the years of evil acts.  Then, maybe you too will enjoy Patricia Bradley’s stories so much you will read her first two novels in the series and tell others about them!

Note:  I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book.  The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility.

Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/.  Also follow me on Twitter@lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457