The Tempted Soul

Title:  The Tempted Soul (Amish Quilt Book #3)

Author: Adina Senft

Pages: 320

Year: 2013

Publisher: FaithWords

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

What an exciting conclusion to the tale covering three friends lives Emma, Amelia and Carrie.  Each woman has had her challenges in life and trying to believe God will bring to them the desires of their hearts.  In the final installment we learn how Carrie who has been unable to have a family with her husband may have to learn how to live without having children while watching the dreams of others come true.

Melvin is an unusual husband in that he is tender, loving and affectionate with his wife, but he doesn’t understand the emptiness and pain bareness brings.  Carrie loves Melvin and leaves her desires time and again with God even when she occasionally tries to find ways to bring about her desire for a baby.  Carrie lays her heart at the feet of God and continues to live within the bounds of the community.

Amelia, Emma and Carrie have been friends since school and each week they gather to quilt and talk. I love how they develop true friendship by speaking words of correction when needed, give each other prayer support and love each other through thick and thin.  I appreciate the fact too that the author doesn’t try to lift the Amish up as perfect or without fault, there are real people.

While the stories are fictional it is easy tog et lost in the pages and have one’s heart captivated by the women in the books.  Each have blessings and trials to face while going through different seasons of life.  I think many would enjoy sitting down and reading without having to filter out anything disliked, as these are clean fictional reads written for a wide audience.

Please enjoy the Quilt Series books A wounded Heart, The Hidden Life and The Tempted Soul, I did and can’t wait to see what will flow from the pen of the author sson!