The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt Book #2)

Title:  The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt Book #2)

Author:  Adina Senft

Pages:  336

Year:  2012

Publisher:  FaithWords

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

In this sequel to The Wounded Soul, the author focuses on the character named Emma Stolzfus.  Emma is a single woman who has dedicated her life to caring for her parents in their later years.  After the passing of her father, Emma focuses on her mother.  What Emma is surprised by is the shared views, stance and closeness she develops with her mother.

While Emma would love nothing more than to get married and have her own family, seeing it become a reality in her life is another matter.  Since Emma was a young woman, her heart has yearned for one man named Grant.  Grant is unavailable now and readers will enjoy reading his journey as well as the captivating ending to Emma’s tale.

I highly recommend Adina Senft’s books as they include patterns for quilt lovers, great stories to capture the hearts of the audience and a book easily enjoyed in a couple of hours.  While the author herself has never been Amish, her knowledge of the communities spills out in her stories and brings a reality to the plot, theme and players in her books.

Read The Wounded Soul and then The Hidden Life as that will aid in understanding the background and prior happenings in the lives of the three women that are written about in the series.  The final book in the series is The Tempted Soul and that will also be reviewed and shared with readers.