The Wounded Heart (An Amish Quilt Novel)

Title:  The Wounded Heart (An Amish Quilt Novel)

Author:  Adina Senft

Pages:  320

Year:  2011

Publisher:  FaithWords

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

The author Adina Senft writes very compelling and heart-moving stories.  The Wounded Heart is one of her older series though she recently finished the series, and I will share a review on in the near future.  The main character is a widowed woman who is running a successful business her husband started but who was killed in a buggy accident after being married to Amelia for 10 years.

Amelia runs the business and is sole proprietor while her sons are in school or at the grandparents’ house.  The grandparents are Amelia’s parents who farm close by and help her with the care of her two young sons.  Amelia’s parents never seem to let up trying to match make as her year of mourning draws to an end as well as two of her best friends when they meet to work on a quilt.

What is shared above is but a teaser to a much deeper and heart-grabbing story mixed with faith, romance and health issues.  It has times where I wasn’t sure how the author was going to bring about the ending, or if the ending was going to be hopeful or disappointing.  Kind of like real life, right?  Either way, I enjoyed getting lost in the pages as it provides a fictional world that appears lifelike and yet I know it isn’t real, so I can leave it there when I am finished.

Soon I will read and share with you my reviews on the other two books in the series: Tempted Soul and Hidden Life!  Be on the watch for them and read book one while you’re waiting if you’d like!