No Less Days

Author:  Amanda G. Stevens

Pages:  320

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Shiloh Run Press

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

Amanda has written a unique story that begs the question, “Would anyone want to live forever”?  Her main character, David Galloway, has lived many lifetimes with many memories both good and bad.  He wonders if he is the only one to have done so.  David is a former soldier and thinks like one, but his faith is deep including the seasons of wrestling with God.  David owns a bookstore that carries antiques, first prints and a whole range of genres, but nothing compares to his personal library at home.  The problem is no one is close enough to David, by his choice, for them to really know him and he thinks he prefers it that way.  Yet, one story is about to turn his whole world upside down and challenge his faith, worldviews and the wall around his heart.

When my husband saw the book, he thought it was sci-fi, but it really isn’t.  I found the story inside very well written, engaging and thought-provoking.  Some of the experiences David has reflect modern day life choices.  For instance, when David is the one who has been hurt by loss many times and rejected too will he ever be willing to let another person really know his heart?  Will he risk the disappointment by walking in a building to fellowship with people who might let him down even though they try their best not or will he let them down?

This is a fascinating tale that grabbed my attention and kept it until the last page.  The book has mystery to it along with romance, hard choices for a man of faith, and so much more.  I hope you read the book and enjoy it as much as I did.  I wonder too if the author plans on writing more stories that include some of the other aspects and characters she introduced here; I guess only time will tell!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”