The 13: Stand

Author:  Robbie Cheuvront and Erik Reed with Shawn Allen

Pages:  319

Year:  2013

Publisher:  Barbour Publishing

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

With this second book, the first one being The 13:  Fall, the action picks up where book one left off.  At the end of book one, Agent Jon Keene has been captured by the Chinese, the Chinese have taken over the western half of the United States, the President of the United States has been shot and is in a coma, and the Prophet is proclaiming God’s judgment on the USA.  What more could go wrong?  Well…you’ll just have to pick up this second book to tune it to the action that follows all the prior happenings I mentioned above in the first book with even more occurring now.

CIA Agent Megan Taylor has realized her growing feelings for Jon, but she has no idea if he is even alive.  She prays for him every day while she continues to try to find out his fate.  Boz Hamilton receives a call from the Prophet regarding Jon and the head of the CIA sends Boz to investigate.  The Prophet also tells the director of the CIA that he has more to worry about than the Chinese and what they are going to do.  Something even closer to home is brewing that will spell disaster for what remains of the USA if it isn’t stopped.  With the help of an operative from Great Britain, Megan leaves for North Carolina where a faint rumor has popped up about a plot against the current government.  Oh, and did I mention there is the best assassin in the world has been spotted?  Can the USA ever recover from the fall it has taken?

With action, suspense, tension and grit, this story kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.  I was turning the pages so quickly, I lost count of the time and everything else!  I just had to see how this story ended.  The characters were likable and believable.  I got involved in the story and the events that happened.  There is even a romance in the story!  Readers should read book one first and get set for both books to give hours of enjoyment.