Haven of Swans (formerly titled Abominations)

Title:  Haven of Swans (formerly titled Abominations)

Author:  Colleen Coble

Pages:  336

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Wow!  From the very start of the book, this story stole my breath and at times sped up the beating of my heart.  The ending was so climatic I couldn’t read it fast enough!  The setting is the UP of Michigan.  There is a woman who cannot remember who she is, the name of the child in her arms, or that she has been badly hurt!  At first, she moves almost on auto pilot, but she cannot tell why or how she knows what she must do to keep “him” from finding her again.  After some more time, she remembers her name, and with more time her past.

Her husband, Nick, is a captain for the Michigan State Police, and he and his wife are in the middle of a divorce.  When he goes to pick up his little girl, the scene he encounters scares him.  He cannot locate either his wife or 2-year-old daughter.  After a while, he begins to be taunted by a person who has had something to do with his wife and child’s disappearance or death.

Through a wonderfully written tale, readers become enraptured with the characters like Bree and Naomi along with their search and rescue dogs or the sister of Eve, who has amnesia, and the family she can’t remember even though she must be ready to go to court to fight for her daughter to remain with her.  There is so much going on in the book though it isn’t hard to follow at all; it is just the opposite.  It really drew me in and wouldn’t let me go!  I was up till 2:30 a.m. reading the book.  The ending so caught me by surprise I wondered why I didn’t see it coming!

Colleen’s books are wonderfully written. They include faith, romance, danger, mystery, adventure, and more!  I have yet to be bored by one of her books.  I look forward to when her next book is published and will grab it at the first opportunity to read and then share it with a friend.  Books allow us to enjoy a fictional place for a while as well as learn from the characters how faith can be tested and put into action.

So, pick up a copy and read till the very last page that will fill you with joy and hope!