Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations #1)

Title:  Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations #1)

Author:  Lynn H. Blackburn

Pages:  352

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Revell

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Lynn H. Blackburn weaves a tale of romance and stress of finding a killer before he/she strikes again which causes Detective Ryan Parker and Leigh Weston paths to intersect time and again.  Ryan was Leigh’s brother Keith’s best friend growing up, and without Ryan’s knowledge Leigh was interested in the teenager.  Now Leigh has returned to the area to care for her mother and work at a local hospital, hoping to leave her past experiences behind, but has it followed her home?

Ryan is an experienced diver training at the lake where Leigh and other homeowners live.  At least it was training until they made a gruesome discovery.  The more time Ryan and Leigh are together the more their past friendship begins to grow into something deeper, but is now the time?  Leigh’s life seems to be constantly threatened whether she is working at the hospital or at home.  Ryan already has one mystery with a body and now his best friend’s sister’s life is being threatened and almost taken without many clues.  Where is the missing key to solving the cases?

The moment I read the synopsis of the book I wanted to read it and see if it was as exciting as I hoped it would be.  Let me tell you this is one story that captures the imagination and heart of the reader, pulling them in the story time after time!  Written with the plot constantly in motion and the characters of various experiences and personalities is well done.  I simply couldn’t figure out who was responsible for the bodies that kept turning up and if the possible romance between Leigh and Ryan was going to develop into something more.

I won’t spoil it for readers, but I will say this is one author whose future books I plan on reading as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!  While we await her next story in the series, enjoy the first book in her Dive Team Investigations as it is absolutely outstanding!