Amish Sweethearts (4 Amish Novellas)

Title:  Amish Sweethearts (4 Amish Novellas)

Author:  Amy Clipston

Pages:  432

Year:  2018

Publisher:  Zondervan

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Amy Clipston is just one of my favorite Amish authors because her stories are so well written that I feel as though I am there viewing the action as it occurs.  The four novellas in the book are titled, “A Home for Lindsay”, “Love and Buggy Rides”, “Where the Heart Is”, and “Love Birds”.  Before each story there is a small family tree to help readers understand where the characters are in the bigger picture of family.

There is, of course, romance but also action, intrigue, wonder and delight as each unique tale comes to life in the mind of the reader.  I am not able to point to one being my favorite over the others because each one is special and shows a particular theme the author is highlighting.  One of the tale’s theme was forgiveness and showed just how difficult in can be sometimes to believe we are forgiven by God and/or others we may have wronged.

The book didn’t take me very long to read, but I will enjoy rereading it sometime in the future as it was so enjoyable and entertaining.  Books can be such a gift we best not forget because it must be hard work for authors to sit down and write a story that will capture the heart and mind of the audience.  We have made reading a family activity where we are all reading something we like and at times share something we find insightful, interesting, sad or funny.

I hope you take time to enjoy Amy’s latest book and consider telling others to grab a copy and take time to get lost in the pages!