The Fix (Memory Man #3)

Title:  The Fix (Memory Man #3)

Author:  David Baldacci

Pages:  480

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Grand Central Publishing

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Amos Decker is a man whose mind works like no one else’s; he can and does remember everything, but that’s not all.  Readers can first meet this unique man in book one titled, Memory Man followed by the sequel The Last Mile.  Now with The Fix, readers who love the mystery and trying to figure out what Amos Decker is involved with definitely lose sleep!  Also, before I share more know that in April 2018 Amos Decker will make his next appearance in the novel, The Fallen, so catch up before it comes out!

David Baldacci has written a very intense story that quite literally starts with a bang!  From there, the tension only rises in the book along with a host of other characters that are trying to unravel a possible spy ring that has existed for decades.  But who is a part of the spy ring?  Is it someone inside the many government agencies or is it someone who has contracted with the government to develop top secret programs?

I found this heart-pounding and constantly twisting plot kept me reading for hours.  At times, I wondered if I figured out who was the spy or spies only to have the author throw a curve into the plot and cause me to wonder.  I kept turning pages and found my heart racing with the action, especially when Amos in his usual fashion gets up and leaves a room without telling anyone where he is going or what he is thinking.

What talent the author has in writing a tale with such depth that causes someone like myself to lose sleep because I want to see what happens next.  The ending itself was a big surprise for me as I thought I had that figured out only to find myself wrong again, lol!  If you are anything like me, one who likes action, suspense, thrills and mystery, then look no further.  The Amos Decker series is just outstanding and defies in many ways description.  How someone can sit and write such an in-depth tale that captivates the imagination and heart is astounding!

If you’re looking for some books to read this winter while the snow blows or the temps dip, look no further!  Take it from this avid reader; these are novels you don’t want to miss.  The author doesn’t include sexual stuff.  There are a few uses of foul language, but mainly the author stays focused on developing his main character, Amos Decker.

Read the series and let me know what you think of it and how much sleep you lost!  Then, consider giving them as gifts to those who are voracious readers like you and me!