Imperfect Justice by Cara Putman

Author:  Cara Putman

Pages:  352

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating 5+ out of 5 stars.

The Justice series begins with the first book titled, Beyond Justice.  In her latest novel, Imperfect Justice, Cara really ups her game by placing before readers a thoroughly addictive story that was hard to put down. Though, to be truthful, I didn’t want to put it down!  Having read her first novel, I was very much interested in seeing where the plot would go and how the characters would develop that were introduced in the first book.

Here in book two what an amazing, heart-grabbing and heart-pounding sequel!  The main female lawyer, Emilie Wesley, has been through an abusive relationship and empathizes with those women who are seeking to escape from their significant others who are harming them in a multitude of ways.  Emily’s most daunting reality though is the one case she never got to court; the one woman she felt she let down.  Kaylene Adams along with her two daughters Emily wanted so very much to see escape to a whole new life, free from her controlling and abusive husband.

When Kaylene is smeared across the pages and internet saying she killed her daughters and herself, Emily can’t seem to make the world stop spinning.  Something is wrong here that drives Emily to seek the truth for those who can no longer speak for themselves.  There are obstacles besides the media that challenge Emily to decide if she wants to fight for truth!  Reid Billings is Kaylene’s younger brother, who has not seen his sister in a while and cannot accept her actions, which don’t seem like something his sister is capable of doing.

Now together, Emily along with Reid set out to find the truth even if the proof is that what has been said about Kaylene is true.  Along the way, Emily and Reid’s hearts become entangled in a possible budding romance if Emily will let herself believe that not all men are controllers, abusive and more.  At times, my heart was in my throat as I read this special story that really brings to the forefront the need some have to become free from a very dysfunctional relationship.

At the end of the book, I read the Acknowledgments page to find out that the author found the story difficult to write and at times was not sure where to take the plot.  I was reminded how truly appreciative I am for those who sit in front of a computer and write, rewrite, bang their heads, start over and so much more to tell the story that they long to convey to readers.  I want to thank Cara Putman for telling a very heart-tugging and touching story that in the end was excellent!  For me, I won’t soon forget this book and look forward to whatever Cara brings next in the Justice series!