A Place At Our Table (An Amish Homestead Novel)

Title:  A Place At Our Table (An Amish Homestead Novel)

Author:  Amy Clipston

Pages:  336

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Zondervan

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Amy Clipston is one of my favorite Amish authors as her stories have real substance to them!  The author tells a tale that really at times caused me to inhale as I didn’t see where she was taking the characters.  Some of the time it was heart-wrenching what the people were dealing with such as grief, loss, guilt and more.

The main character that stuck out to me was Jamie Reihl, a young man who had so much on his plate.  Jamie is a volunteer firefighter and helps run his father’s growing dairy farm, which truly doesn’t leave Jamie much of a social life.  When his mother suddenly is no more, Jamie can’t seem to right the world under his feet.  On top of that, some of the family dynamics make the grieving period much more difficult to walk through.

Kayla is a young Amish woman in the same community who knows how Jamie is feeling, but because of different experiences.  In fact, Kayla’s whole family longs to minister to Jamie, if he would only open is his heart to the truth of what happened and believe God can make beauty from ashes.

Amy writes stories that deal with real life issues and doesn’t make the Amish community appear perfect nor the people living there perfect either.  I hope you read this novel and some of her others if you like stories that can reflect real life, people, events, faith and so much more.  There is to be a second installment to the series titled, Room on the Porch Swing coming out in May 2018, and I for one will be reading it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!

I hope you join me in the continuing adventure in the Homestead Amish series!