An Arizona Christmas

Author: William W. Johnstone & J. A. Johnstone

Pages: 400

Year: 2017

Publisher: Pinnacle

My rating 5 out of 5 stars!

Every year I look forward to the newest Johnstone Christmas novel and this year is no exception!  I first started reading the yearly stories with the first novel titled A Lone Star Christmas.  Each novel is a stand alone with a unique story that brings together some of the most beloved characters in the Johnstone world.  What makes this particular novel so adventurous is the use of flashback by the author.  The tale beings with being on a battle field in Belgium in December 1944.  While the fighting was fierce there came a break where a small group wondered if they would live to see another moment.  So, to take their minds off the war, their cold and hunger and descendent of Smoke Jensen tells a story of one Christmas when the Jensen’s were to gather in Arizona.

From there the readers are then propelled back into a time when there were still Apache uprisings, people traveling by stage though more by trains as time was moving on, and sandstorms! What a heart pounding, page turner the author writes for us to enjoy and consider sharing with other readers!  There is nothing that can take the place of a book and our imagination, as we read and envision all that is being described on the pages!

I don’t want to tell you too much of the story as I hope you will read all the Christmas novels by the authors as they are unique, exciting, and filled with gunsmoke when evil runs against those who stand for good. The best part of these books is the heart and desire of the families to gather no matter the danger and how they look out for each other or look for each other should danger be lurking.

In case you want to catch up or wonder what books are the Johnstone Christmas novels are: A Lone Star Christmas, Rocky Mountain Christmas, A Big Sky Christmas, A Frontier Christmas, A Texas Hill Country Christmas, A Colorado Christmas and finally An Arizona Christmas.  These books make great gifts for the readers you know whether family or friends, consider giving the gift of books this year!