Rescued Hearts

Author:  Hope Toler Dougherty

Pages:  320

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Mantle Rock Publishing

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

What an exciting story!  First, readers meet a woman out on a bike ride named Mary Wade.  The next thing you know she is kidnapped.  From that point on, Mary tries to start a business, heal from her encounter, try not to like the detective who rescued her and so much more!  Believe me, at the end of the book, I thought the story was over only to find out there was a touch of genius I had yet to discover in the plot!

Mary is trying to find her way in a world where parents are encouraging her.  She is danger or pain, needing to learn to rely on God more and that’s hard for Mary.  Plus, when the man she is smitten with can’t make up his mind as he argues within himself for and against a relationship with her, well that sure doesn’t help quiet the insecurity in Mary’s heart.

Add to that an experience with a hurricane, a teenager asking Mary hard questions about God, and more and what do you find?  A story that is intriguing to read, and enjoyable along with a few serious and funny moments.  Mary has such a hard time when it seems like all her friends are married.  She just isn’t someone who grabs the attention of a man worth spending time with until danger is right in her face!

However, don’t take my word for it.  Grab a copy, enjoy the adventure and tension in the plot along with learning to believe in God in good times and in bad.  I hope you really make time to soak up the tale and share the book with readers you know because it is one nobody should pass up!