Enigma (An FBI Thriller #21)

Title:  Enigma (An FBI Thriller #21)

Author:  Catherine Coulter

Pages:  496

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Gallery Books

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

While this is the 21st book of this particular series, it’s the first for me!  I kept coming across other readers sharing how captivating and thrilling it was along with the synopsis I read that I found intriguing.  The science part of the book linked with nefarious ways people wanted to use it was extremely suspenseful.  There were several different situations occurring almost simultaneously and I wondered how they would all fit together like a puzzle or if they even would fit together.

So many nights I was up reading and turning pages as I was going deeper into the story so very well crafted by the author.  The various FBI players exhibited unique strengths and weaknesses, but when placed in a team they sure seemed unbeatable.  The team of FBI agents doggedly kept investigating and considering possible suspects and some of what came about you’ll find quite amazing.

In the novel, I would have to say that my two favorite characters are the married FBI agents Savich and Sherlock.  Sherlock’s approach to the Kara character was amazing and touching.  While also helping Kara deal with her crisis, Sherlock helped her to vocalize information that might help the FBI.  Savich is a great FBI supervisor and yet he goes out in the field not to micromanage but to get information that other members of his team need to solve the case.

I plan on going back and reading the other books in this series by Catharine Coulter because I found Enigma focused on telling a great story without the other nuances (i.e. foul language, sex) writers tend to think help build an audience, when in fact they detract from the story.  I cannot wait to see what the older books in the series are like and what might come next from a new author whose stories I plan on reading more of!