Vanishing Point (A Nikki Boyd Novel)

Title:  Vanishing Point (A Nikki Boyd Novel)

Author:  Lisa Harris

Pages:  307 (ARC)

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Revell

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

Most this novel takes place in the past with just the last quarter of the book taking place in the present day.  This story focuses on a serial killer that has left a string of dead girls, but no clues.  The first case occurs in 2002.  The task force is formed spearheaded by Garrett Addison and Jordan Lambert.  Time goes by and then another body is found or another girl is reported missing.  The count gets to six with the team no closer to finding the killer.  One of the missing girls is Nikki Boyd’s sister.  Garrett and Jordan have been dancing around their feelings for one another, but in the end, they both go their separate ways in 2006.  Garrett changes jobs while Jordan continues working for the FBI.

A decade passes with no missing girls and then the pattern starts up again.  A young girl’s body is found and Garrett and his old team are reunited to finally try to put an end to the killings.  Nikki is on this task force, but only on the perimeter.  The focus is still on Jordan and Garrett.  Another girl is thought to be taken and a member of the task force is shot.  Now, the killer has escalated to taking out members of the task force.  Jordan and Garrett are targets, but they have finally figured out who the killer is.  Can they catch the killer before the killer catches them?

I like the character of Nikki Boyd and her unfailing desire to find out the truth about what happened to her sister.  She has never given up searching for clues or digging through old case reports.  With the Angel Abductor cases back in the spotlight, Nikki now might get an answer to what happened to her sister all those years ago.  Jordan and Garrett are fairly typical law enforcement agents in their dedication, but they allow their careers and pride to keep them apart for years.  However, they both come to realize that God hasn’t abandoned them, especially in the heartbreaking difficulties of the victims of the Angel Abductor.  Lisa Harris always writes exciting, interesting and timely stories.  I can’t wait for the next one!