Blind Spot (Chesapeake Valor #3)

Title:  Blind Spot (Chesapeake Valor #3)

Author:  Dani Pettrey

Pages:  336

Year:  2017

Publisher:  BethanyHouse

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

Declan Grey and Tanner Shaw will now be working together.  They have met before and gotten on each other’s nerves.  Now, they must work together to try to discover any information they can about a suspected terrorist plot that is to happen sometime, somewhere in Baltimore.  As they question people involved with transporting weapons and people involved in the plot, people begin to be silenced…permanently.  Tanner and Declan themselves become targets with their lives threatened.  While working the case, the two spend lots of time together and let their guard down.  They begin to see the real person beneath the work persona everyone else sees, and they begin to like each other more and more.

While trying to stop this plot that could kill thousands, Declan also learns that his old coach is suspected of embezzling money from his clients as he is a financial advisor.  This is the coach that brought the gang together and named them “The Pirates”.  The group holds Coach in great affection and can’t believe he is guilty.  Griffin and the rest of the gang get involved in this mystery.  Kate is still searching for Luke after seven long years apart.  She still loves him and refuses to give up her search, especially now that she has received word of a confirmed sighting of him.  Now, she just has to track his path, but at least she knows he is alive.  Why hasn’t he ever contacted her?

I couldn’t put the book down!  I was so involved in the story from beginning to end that read it in one day!  I loved the simultaneous mysteries that happen in this book.  It kept my interest easily as I was so eager to discover if the two mysteries were related somehow as well as to read of the different characters’ reactions.  I also liked that everyone from “The Pirates”, including their wife or girlfriend, was involved in one fashion or another in one of the two mysteries.  Tanner is one of my favorite characters as she can defend herself in a physical altercation, but she if filled with compassion and mercy for those who need help.  I also enjoyed how one member of the group could call and get help from another member without questions or excuses.  They were there for one another no matter what.  Terrorism is alive and well in this story and Declan and Tanner give their all to try to keep the U.S. safe.