Lady Jane Disappears

Author:  Joanna Davidson Politano

Pages:  416

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Revell

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Aurelie Harcourt is a young woman who has an uncanny way of telling stories that entertain and teach at the same time.  Aurelie learned that from her father who she stayed with in debtor’s prison because she had nowhere else to go.  Aurelie had her father’s family, who she eventually had to stay with after her father’s demise in prison.  However, she finds herself not only a stranger among family, but undesired as well.

The author weaves a very heart-gripping story of this young woman’s desire to find out what happened to her mother while trying to “fit in” to the family when they don’t even want her in the house.  The other members in the house may or may not really be who they appear to be, especially regarding the woman they look at as an intruder.

As Aurelie walks throughout the mansion, she comes across a room that has clues in it as to who her mother may have been, but where or what happened to her is what Aurelie wants to know most of all.  The character that kept me guessing as to his true identity and inner character was Silas Rotherham.  At times in the story he appeared as a protagonist while at other times it was like he was someone totally different.  Either way, I can share with you that the ending will really surprise you!  As I read, I felt like I was reading a story within a story and I found that a fascinating aspect of the book.

In the back of the book for those who want to know, the author gives us a sneak peek into the next tale she will share with her audience.  I don’t know the title or when it will be released, but I will be watching for it with excitement to see if it is as excellent a story as Lady Jane Disappears!