Over Maya Dead Body (Serena Jones Mystery #3)

Title:  Over Maya Dead Body (Serena Jones Mystery #3)

Author:  Sandra Orchard

Pages:  348

Year:  2017

My rating is 3 out of 5 stars.

This is the third book in the Serena Jones Mystery series.  Serena works for the FBI as an agent in the artistic crimes division.  On this adventure, she is with her parents on the way to a wedding of her dad’s best friend.  Upon arrival, said friend has just been found dead.  Is it murder or an accident?  Serena is upset over the death as she spent many summers with Uncle Jack and has lots of great memories.  She can’t let his death remain in limbo as to whether it was accidental or not.  Unbeknownst to her, the two men vying for her affections, Nate and Tanner, show up separately to help her solve the case.  As Serena asks questions, more questions pop up.  She also is dealing with two men who seem interested in her one minute, then turn cold the next.  Her Aunt Martha is also active in seeking out clues, which adds some funny moments into the story.  Of course, everything gets wrapped up at the end of the story and Serena finally does choose a man, but I’m not telling which one!

I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, but this one just didn’t draw me in.  I kept putting the book down, picking it up and hoping I could get into the story, but it didn’t happen.  The going back and forth between the two guys was drawn out too long for my taste.  The story just couldn’t hold my interest.  I will continue to read books by this author as I liked the first two books in this series as well as her Port Astor series.  The mystery portion was okay with some exciting moments, and I love the character of Aunt Martha.  I would like to see a series featuring her!