A Letter from Lancaster County (A Novel)

Title:  A Letter from Lancaster County (A Novel)

Author:  Kate Lloyd

Pages:  336

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Harvest House

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Two sisters are on their way to visit with an aunt they haven’t seen in years after the death of their mother.  Angela and Rose are as different as two sisters can be and unfortunately, they don’t currently enjoy a close relationship.  What was really intriguing to read was their inner thoughts about how they really felt about each other among many other topics.  Angela has a marriage that is less than satisfying and Rose is a single woman who truly is a unique character.

Through their time with their aunt readers will enjoy seeing the adventures they have, the talks, walks, and interactions with their aunt and others in Lancaster County.  As I read further and further into the novel, I was captured by the tale woven not just about the women, their experiences and such but about their spiritual life or lack thereof.

It was fascinating to see how in the story the truth about things not always being what they seem came true in a couple of instances.  I enjoyed Rose’s character because her personality just seemed to be determined, independent and a little bit of a stinker.  Whereas Angela seemed to be one who liked to take things personally and yet came to see herself in a different way by the end of the book.

I can’t wait for the second book to come out to see what the future holds for the sisters or any of the other characters I met for a short time in the pages of the novel.