Sandpiper Cove (A Hope Harbor Novel)

Title:  Sandpiper Cove (A Hope Harbor Novel)

Author:  Irene Hannon

Pages:  352

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Revell

My rating 5 out of 5 stars.

Irene Hannon writes many different types of stories from mystery, suspense to ones with a more romantic focus.  The Hope Harbor series is of the more romantic type with some of the same characters we met in Hope Harbor, Sea Rose Lane and her newest, Sandpiper Cove.  Each book I so enjoyed as I could imagine the scenes painted in the novel via words, and some of the unique people who live in this fictitious town.  In her newest story, we meet a man who has come to the harbor hoping to start fresh after his prison experience.  While in prison, the town pastor visited Adam Stone and showed him God’s unconditional love for him.

One of the town residents employs him, but the one thing Adam finds ministers to him is an injured dog called Charley, and making various things with wood.  Now he has been the victim of vandals and in one case the dog was hurt as well.  When Lexi, the Chief of Police, shows up to question Adam about the occurrences, Adam tenses.  He doesn’t find trusting anyone an easy job though he loves serving the community and at his local congregation.

Lexi is a local resident who has returned after being overseas for a time and is now Chief of Police.  She is a single mom to Max who is the joy of her heart.  During her work hours, Lexi’s mother cares for Max and enjoys taking care of her daughter as well.  When she notices that Adam is interested in her, Lexi isn’t sure if she is willing to open her heart again to love for fear of being hurt; yet, she is tired of being lonely.

Hope Harbor is a heart-touching series, filled with love and faith as well as characters that in some way we can relate to.  My favorite of the series thus far is Charlie who is a sage, painter, runs a fish taco stand and yet seems to know what words of encouragement of advice people need to hear.  I hope the author plans on writing a story that sheds more light into this character.  If you read the books, you’ll see why he is such an interesting male figure in the books.