Tidewater Summer

Author:  Jo Huddleston

Pages:  232

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Winged Publications

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

Here is a nice novel with romance, a little bit of danger and lots of beauty in the way the main two characters love each other.  Rose is a teacher at the local junior high school and Frank owns his own business.  Rose had a rough experience with a fiancée and needs time to heal; she believes going to a secluded island will be just the answer.  Frank meets her when he is called to fix the water heater at the house she is staying in for the summer.

I don’t want to spoil the reading by sharing too much more of the novel.  What I can say is that the novel is clean, faith-filled, and shows how giving God our hearts brings healing.  I think Frank’s character by showing patience with Rose while she worked though her heart issue is a picture of loving someone more than oneself.  Rose’s experience with her previous fiancée is unfortunately part of our fallen fleshly nature, but by no means does it make it okay.  The author does a wonderful job of gently showing the ramifications of both harmful behavior of a man towards a woman contrasted with Frank’s loving behavior with Rose.

It only took me a short time to read through the book in one sitting.  If you’re looking for that type of story, here is a good one.  These are the kind of tales that can entertain, reflect God and be read within a short time frame so that they can be shared with others.  Read then share the book as you never know who might be touched in their heart by God via fiction.