Moving Target (Elite Guardians #3)

Title:  Moving Target (Elite Guardians #3)

Author:  Lynette Eason

Pages:  318

Year:  2017

Publisher:  Revell

My rating is 5 stars.

I enjoyed the first two books in this series, Always Watching and Without Warning so much that when I saw the third book was being released, I quickly grabbed a copy.  The first two books focused on Olivia and Katie while this story focuses on the third member of the Elite Guardians security/protection firm, former FBI agent, Maddy McKay.

Maddy McKay and Quinn Holcombe have been friends for about four years.  About two years ago, however, Maddy’s feelings for Quinn deepened to love.  She has been waiting for him to express his feelings for her, but fears he will eventually push her away like he has done with everyone else in his life.  They both have baggage from the past with Maddy leaving the FBI under a dark cloud and Quinn seemingly guilty of his sister’s death.  Quinn also has been angry with God over his sister’s death while Maddy still has a close relationship with God.  Maddy is pretty sure Quinn loves her, but will he ever admit it?  Can he learn to trust God again and be emotionally healed?

Now, however, they are in the clutches of a madman and their situation is dire.  They might not make it to see another day alive.  This insane guy has been systematically kidnapping people, hunting them and then killing them.  He has an agenda and Quinn and Maddy are definitely at the top of his hit list.  Why?  Quinn and Maddy try to discover who this killer is, why they have been targets now and why he has targeted his other victims.  They receive protective assistance from other members of the Elite Guardians, but their stalker still seems to know intimate details about their lives.

I think this is the best book in the series so far.  There is great tension, danger and suspense that lead to an exciting peak with a great twist in the plot.  I really liked both of the main characters and their emotional struggles with their family relationships as well as their relationship with one another.  There is a fourth book due to be released later this year and I can’t wait to read it!  This series has got of suspense, romance, faith and more to keep readers interested and invested in each of the main characters of the Elite Guardians.