Authentic Living (365 Devotions for Deliberate Faith)

Title:  Authentic Living (365 Devotions for Deliberate Faith)

Author:  Richard Exley

Pages:  368

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Worthy Inspired

My rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

Devotionals come in various sizes, themes, authors, publishers and the like.  Do you use a particular one?  Do you use one at all?  Perhaps you’re like me and wonder what is inside when a new devotion book is published or wonder if the book is worth looking into.  Here is one devotional that would be a great place to jump off your devotion time if you don’t have time or a book you’re using.

Richard Exley is transparent with his own walk with the Lord, which helps remind us that we all struggle with our flesh, and it’s nice to know he walks beside us.  The author stays with various themes to help keep readers focused week by week on a topic so that people have time to digest and practice what he shares.  Also, the author uses various Bible translations which can be a refreshing way to read a scripture verse that has become almost too familiar to some.  Plus, at the end is a short prayer to ask for God’s aid in helping us walk out the truth He reveals to our hearts that day.

Devotions are a place to start not an end in and of themselves.  Authors like Richard Exley share their wisdom gained from study, prayer and walking out the life of being a Christ follower in a society that is always trying to eradicate the reality of God.  Devotionals like this one are a great way to give a gift to someone searching for Him without overwhelming them.  So please consider gifting one to a person God lays on your heart.  You never know how it just might be the key to open the heart of the reader, friend or family member.