The Looming Storm

Pages:  318

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Micah House Media LLC

My rating is 5+ stars.

Each time I pick up a novel by the dynamic duo of David and Diane Munson, I know I better be prepared to be engaged for the ride of my life!  The husband and wife team write exceptionally tension-filled suspense for fans of fiction, faith and family.  I came across their work of fiction a couple of years back and have been watchful for whatever is coming out from their pens for me to read, review and share with others.  Here is a list of the books before this latest novel:  Facing Justice, Confirming Justice, The Camelot Conspiracy, Hero’s Ransom, Redeeming Liberty, The Joshua Covenant, Night Flight:  Truth Seekers, Stolen Legacy and Embers of Courage.

If you haven’t heard about the authors or any of these novels, don’t waste another minute!  Just grab one and start reading.  Readers don’t need to worry about there being any offensive material in these novels because there isn’t any.  The authors write from knowledge, experiences and lots of research.

In The Looming Storm, we again get to be wrapped up in the latest case of Federal Agent Eva Montanna.  Eva’s daughter Kaley is in Poland with other students for a week when Russia decides to make military moves that now endanger the students.  Plus there seems to be someone hacking personal information of various agents and agencies that puts the agents and their families at high risk.  Eva is trying hard to maintain a balance between her job, marriage, family and a world on the precipice of possible war.

As I read The Looming Storm, there was a sense to me like I was reading current events.  What impacted me most was instead of taking simply a story filled with characters dealing constantly with threats and danger to the nation, there was a deeper message.  There is a spiritual aspect that comes through strongly after Kaley’s experience as she seeks to understand current events through scriptural understanding of prophecy.  I think readers will be in one way challenged to look at reality through the Bible and face any dangers or threats not in human strength, but in Christ.  When Kaley was trying to make sense of her experiences and answering the “why” question in order to understand what Russia was doing in this work of fiction, she turned to the Word of God.  In doing so, her character saw how God is in control and how she could face the future with courage because of God’s promise to always be with her no matter what came into Kaley’s life.

Can we not also be filled with courage as we believe God is in control and He will never abandon us?  What hope we have as we learn to depend on Christ daily and watch with expectation to see what He is doing!  I so enjoyed this novel and cannot wait for another book from these authors who encourage, challenge and share the message of Christ through their work.