Hebrew Word Study (Revealing the Heart of God)

Title:  Hebrew Word Study (Revealing the Heart of God)

Author:  Chaim Bentorah

Pages:  432

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Whitaker House

My rating is 5 stars.

Here is a book that will enrich a believer’s study of the Scriptures as well as the understanding brought with a deeper revelation of the God we love and serve.  In the preface, a paragraph I read really revealed to me the author’s heart:  “One secret to sustained studying of God’s Word is this:  If you fall in love with the Author of the Bible, you will feel there is not enough time in the day to study His word.  Also, as your love for Him deepens, He will reveal His secrets to you.  I have fond the Word of God to be a well that never runs dry.” (pg. 15)

The book is written in a devotional format so no one has to know the Hebrew.  The author does a superb job of having us focus on the heart of God.  There are 90 days worth of short devotions that I believe the author meant as a launching pad to begin further, deeper study of the Bible.  In that time alone with God, our minds are renewed, our sins become revealed and once we repent we are forgiven.  We come out of that time sustained and thirsty for more of Him instead of looking at time with the Lord as something to check off out daily “to do list”.

The book reminds readers of the Person of God and His heart’s desire for us to draw near to know Him, to come and reason with Him by using our God given minds.  Over the last few years, God has led me to study, read and desire to understand the Jewishness of the Word.  We have the Bible today because of those Jewish people to whom it was given and they brought it to the world.

I hope you read, reflect and share with others what you learn about the heart of our God when you use the Hebrew Word Study by Chaim Bentorah.  If you desire to know more, the author has a website as well as other books that he has written to help us grow in our understanding and to see the loving heart of God revealed in the Bible.