Christmas in Hiding

Pages:  221

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense

My rating is 4 stars.

Callie Martin has been placed in the Witness Protection Program after witnessing the murder of her ex-boyfriend during a drug deal gone bad when undercover police arrive at the scene.  She had no knowledge of her ex-boyfriend’s drug connections, but these drug dealers are after her anyway.  They will stop at nothing to take her out in order to stop the trial of the offenders who were caught during the raid.  Callie has been relocated to New York and has been there a few months when her cover is blown.  Her handler is injured so a new Federal Marshal is assigned to her, Jackson Walker.

Jackson Walker is familiar with Callie’s case and knows it is his job to protect her at all costs so she can testify.  What he doesn’t count on is being immediately attracted to Callie and having their whereabouts discovered time and again by the gang of thugs sent to silence Callie.  He has a hard time believing Callie knew nothing of her boyfriend’s drug dealing and is suspicious of Callie.  Over time, he watches her rely on God again and again.  He starts to think that maybe she really is innocent.  He also wonders how the gang is finding them.  Is there a mole in the marshals’ program?

I liked Callie’s optimism and reliance on God shown repeatedly in this story.  What a great life example for Jackson!  There was plenty of action, tension and excitement in the story.  I also like Jackson’s protectiveness and wanting to give Callie happiness during her favorite holiday.  This would be a great one to read on a long car drive or in a shady spot on a warm afternoon.

Disclosure of Material Connection:  The above represents my opinion only.  I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”