The Midwife’s Choice (At Home in Trinity #2)

Title:  The Midwife’s Choice (At Home in Trinity #2)

Author:  Delia Parr

Pages:  336

Year:  2015

Publisher:

My rating is 5 stars.

The series begins with the first novel titled, The Midwife’s Tale where readers are taken back to earlier days when doctors were few and reliance upon midwives was greater.  Here continues the story of Widow Martha Cade, practicing her care of women in the town of Trinity.  Martha is reunited with her daughter Virginia and has some decisions before her that will impact her future and that of her practice.

Martha is faced with caring for a woman who lost a baby in childbirth only to be in need of more serious care when days later she is brought to the widow’s place after being beaten by her husband.  The women of the town begin to band together as changes take place in laws and people coming or going from Trinity.  Plus Thomas the mayor of Trinity is showing quite an interest in Widow Cade and offering her a future that may include a home.

I am really enjoying each novel Delia Parr writes set in the town of Trinity and about being a midwife.  I find each story engaging and touching with the themes woven throughout the book.  Sometimes I even forget these are fictional books or tales as they seem very lifelike!  I look forward to reading book three titled The Midwife’s Dilemma and may peek at some of the other books written by Delia!