A Woman Who Doesn’t Quit (5 Habits from the Book of Ruth)

Title:  A Woman Who Doesn’t Quit (5 Habits from the Book of Ruth)

Author:  Nicki Koziarz

Pages:  224

Year:  2016

Publisher:  B & H

My rating is 5 stars.

Ruth was a real person who lived in ancient times and her life was not an easy one.  Ruth wasn’t even an Israelite at first; she was a Moabite.  Ruth’s husband dies, along with his brother and as well as his father.  Naomi, Ruth’s mother-in-law, decides to return to Israel and tells both of her daughters-in-law to go back to their father’s home, because she has nothing more to give them.  Plus Naomi is hoping they can remarry and find happiness.

So why doesn’t Ruth do as Naomi bids?  Why does she cling to her mother-in-law and return with her to care for her in a land not her own to a people she knows little about?  Well, the five habits the author draws from the book of Ruth found in the Old Testament might help you unearth the heart behind Ruth’s choices.

Yes, there is a video that is available for the study, but not necessary to have in order to do the study.  I liked that part a lot.  In the video session, sheets are distributed with questions to stimulate discussion on a personal level.  If people choose, they can take notes from the video lesson.  Then, there are questions for people to talk about as to what was learned and how it can be applied to individual lives.

There is homework that will enhance and enlighten the past to show us how it can and does impact our lives today.  At the end of each week is something called Q.U.I.T. strategy that helps us put feet to what our hearts and minds have been touched by.  After all, what good would it be if we just gathered head knowledge without walking out what God has spoken to our hearts to do?